As we age or become afflicted with certain medical conditions, walking up and down stairs can become extremely difficult and even dangerous. Many individuals are confined to lower levels in their home due to their inability to navigate stairs.
Some medical conditions that can make it difficult to walk up and down stairs:
- Arthritis – Going down the stairs can be more painful than climbing them if you have arthritic knees
- Neurological conditions – ALS, Ataxia, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, etc
- Deconditioning – General weakness
- Congestive Heart Failure
Also, poor balance (which can be caused by any of a large number of medical conditions) can make it dangerous to walk up and down the stairs. Another thing to consider is if you depend on a walker or wheelchair for mobility, stairs are a huge obstacle.
One solution that can make it easy for anyone with a walker, scooter or wheelchair to easily get up and down the stairs is a vertical platform lift (aka porch lift or mini elevator).
The vertical platform lifts we install are made in the USA and provide access up to 14 feet for deck stairs, entryways and basements.
Vertical Platform Lift Features Include:
- Automatic self-lowering folding ramp
- Emergency stop switch on platform Weather resistant finish and controls
- Safety sensors in platform bottom stop unit if obstruction sensed
- Quiet, smooth ride
- Affordable AC power in 4 and 6 ft units
- Reliable DC battery power, available in all heights and standard above 10 ft ensures operation in power outage
A vertical platform lift gives people in wheelchairs and scooters the ability to easily exit and enter their homes with just the press of a button. All of our vertical platform lifts offer a 750lb weight capacity, have a limited 2-year warranty and can be installed indoors or outdoors wherever it is needed.
Bell House Medical – Home of the “Master Grab Bar” is an authorized Bruno Dealer.